Thursday, January 26, 2012

Never Forget (Read with Care)

I could not believe what I had just seen. The German soldier lifted his rifle butt in the air yelling “Verdammt Jude” and brought it down across the head of this sad looking woman. A baby fell from her arms as her lifeless body slowly slumped to the cobblestone road. Without missing a step the soldier grabbed the baby by its legs and smashed it against a nearby lamp post. All I could see was red and grey splotches on the post and street. The blood on Mila Street was too much and I could no longer look. I just turned away like so many others.

How could this man do such a barbaric deed? What had the woman done to bring this horrible death to her and her child? Was this not the liberating German army that would bring peace and prosperity to Poland? How could this happen here in Warsaw? Could it happen anywhere? I cried.

 
What you have just read in my very short story is fiction. It could have happened and maybe did happen in a world a lifetime ago. I want to make you aware that these things can happen when we let tyranny rule the land. We must never forget the atrocities of the past. We must never feel too comfortable in our own daily lives to turn away. We must never let tyranny survive in this America or any country. But you say “What can I do?” Simple…vote for real change in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT - Peter Schweizer’s book Secret Empires: How Our Politicians Hide Corruption and Enrich Their Families and Friends.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD BOOK TO READ. HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM AND ABOUT IT: The book, released Tuesday, said Obama and his administra...