Saturday, August 20, 2011

September 11th 2001


I woke up that morning to the sound of falling leaves.
They dropped slowly from the branches they clung to all summer.
No birds, just dumb leaves.
It was a normal day, just like yesterday, or so I thought.

I was back in school for almost a month.
How I missed the lazy days of summer bliss.
High school was just what I thought it was fun, fun, fun!
How could I not like it!
But, it was still early morning.
And, thinking about summer just made the fun go away.

Here comes the school bus and all my new friends.
Up bumpy dirt roads, down a smooth highway, gravel grinding under the tires.
What a trip.
Here we were as the school bus jerked to a halt.
Man, where did those lazy summer days go!

First period just about done.
I think the 8:30 bell just rung.
I had to go to Spanish class; don’t know why.
In South Texas we all spoke a little Spanish, who needs more.
Let’s see…”Como te llamas” means…

All of a sudden the school PA system came on.
It was probably another announcement about Saturday’s football game.
Oh well…let me have it…Blah-blah-blah.
“Students we have some tragic news coming from the city of New York.”
That statement was the beginning of my life changing forever.
Buy why…who done it…where did it happen exactly…tell me more?
Tell me why my life is about to change!
September 11th 2001…what was so different about that day?

Only God knows why.
Only God can tell us what to do.
We must listen to Him and Him alone.
I’ll put my faith in Him and Him alone.
And then we all bowed our heads and I for one prayed.
My life had changed and so many had been lost.
God hear our Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT - Peter Schweizer’s book Secret Empires: How Our Politicians Hide Corruption and Enrich Their Families and Friends.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD BOOK TO READ. HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM AND ABOUT IT: The book, released Tuesday, said Obama and his administra...