years after the start of that Great Recession, America has fought its way back. Together, we saved the auto industry, took on a broken health care system, and invested in new American technologies to reverse our addiction to foreign oil and double wind and solar power. Together, we put in place tough new rules on big banks, and protections that cracked down on the worst practices of mortgage lenders and credit card companies. We changed a tax code too skewed in favor of the wealthiest at the expense of working families, locking in tax cuts for 98% of Americans, and asking those at the top to pay a little more."
Let's take a look at his claims:
- "We saved the auto industry"
- Auto sales have been down for the last two months. Overall sales are lower than the early 2000s.
- "...took on a broken health care system..."
- Obamacare contains so much fat that it is collapsing under its own weight. It will cost both employees and employers more.
- "...invested in new American technologies to reverse our addiction to foreign oil...
- Taxpayers have lost money on bankrupt "green energy" companies like Solyndra and Satcon Technology Corp. Over 50 Obama-backed green companies that have gone under.
Read more at...