- May 10th...Story broke IRS targeting Conservative groups
- May 14th...Obama spokesman Jay Carney said "We don't have any independent knowledge of that."
- Later, Carney acknowledged that the White House counsel Kathyrn Ruemmler was informed on April 24 of the IRS' likely findings by officials from the Treasury Department.
- This week, it was revealed that Ruemmler had told White House chief of staff Denis McDonough and other senior staff about the matter.
- May 21st...the Treasury Department officials had discussed the issue with White House deputy chief of staff Mark Childress, including how the IRS planned to get out the word of the pending report by its inspector general.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/irs-scandal-obama-potholes/2013/05/22/id/505925#ixzz2U4rtUZyo