Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sorry...My Blogger License Expired!

Here I am a small time blogger, deep in the Heart of Texas. I jump for joy every time someone reads my postings. My journalistic prowess goes no further than a slew of PowerPoint presentations I did at work a few years ago.

But according to Democrats, I might just need a license for expressing my First Amendment rights! Is this what the First Amendment says?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

What am I missing? Let me see...
  • Congress...those people we elect to represent us
  • Shall make no law...that's all the smart and dumb stuff they pass before reading what they pass
  • Prohibiting...that's a no-no
  • The freedom of speech, or of the press...verbal and written
So do I need a license to be "the press" and write a simple blog?

The problem with Congress is they are educated! Common sense is a missing ingredient in their education. So to make up for common sense they think about making asinine laws to protect their turf. OK... I get it...freedom of speech applies to that which doesn't offend Big Government! Sorry...I'll renew my blogger license on the 31st of November this year!!

More about our freedom to speak and write...
http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/rush-dems-want-new-controls-on-journalists/

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT - Peter Schweizer’s book Secret Empires: How Our Politicians Hide Corruption and Enrich Their Families and Friends.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD BOOK TO READ. HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM AND ABOUT IT: The book, released Tuesday, said Obama and his administra...