Friday, October 4, 2013

What Federal Layoffs?

I did work for the U.S. Air Force for over 30 years. I was a DOD employee and my position was considered "essential." I had to be in to work anytime the USAF needed me to be there.

I can understand the angst of current DOD employees. What I can't understand is what are the American people suffering from because of the furlough of "non-essential" government employees, other than DOD? How can, for instance, the national parks be closed and yet have personnel to set up barriers and keep citizens out of parks and monuments? Are these National Park Service cops essential employees?

There are more federal employees now than ever before.  Senator Rand Paul said that there are more federal workers under Obama than under President Bush, and that there are more federal workers today than there were on the day Obama was sworn in as president. AEI-Ideas.org - Federal employment up under Obama.

So what are we suffering? Read more at: What furlough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT - Peter Schweizer’s book Secret Empires: How Our Politicians Hide Corruption and Enrich Their Families and Friends.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD BOOK TO READ. HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM AND ABOUT IT: The book, released Tuesday, said Obama and his administra...